Coronavirus update

Please visit our dedicated webpage for the latest information regarding the latest coronavirus situation. You can also find more information about local restrictions here.

Home Improvement Agency

Our Home Improvement Agency (HIA) service is offered in Suffolk and is delivered on behalf of Suffolk County Council. The purpose of the service is to provide advice and guidance and, where necessary, improve, repair or adapt your home to ensure that you are able to continue to live in your home in safety and comfort.

We can help you if you;

  • live in the county of Suffolk and
  • are aged 55 or over or have a disability
  • own your own home or have the landlord's permission.

If you live in an Orbit home, you can either complete the online form or call us on 0800 121 7711 and a member of our team will be able to guide you through the correct process.

Services offered by Orbit HIA include:

Our initial advice is always free. To find out if we can help, please call us on 0800 121 7711

Advice and information about your housing options

Our fully trained and experience team of case workers will advise you on all aspects of housing choice to ensure that you are fully informed as to the options available to you.

Occupational therapy service

Our occupational therapy team can provide holistic assessments within your home to identify any difficulties you may have with daily living activities and discuss possible solutions. This may include large adaptations (such as removing a bath and replacing it with a wet room), housing reports to support you in moving to a more suitable home which better meets your needs, or providing advice or signposting you to other agencies who are able to assist you.

Home repairs and adaptations

Our priority is to help you to continue to live independently in your home by offering advice and support to fund and install adaptations and make improvements to your home.

Advice and information about paying for work

We can help you to consider various funding options

These include:

  • grants from your local borough or district council
  • your savings
  • charities
  • equity release - where home owners use their homes to give them a regular income or a cash lump sum.

Handyperson service

Our handyperson service can carry out a variety of minor jobs at your home using trusted reliable operatives approved by Suffolk County Council. If you would like more information, please call us. We will always be transparent with our prices and you will never be charged more than you are quoted.

Our handyperson operative or case worker can also offer home safety advice and are all trained assessors for minor equipment and adaptations.