Right to Acquire
As a housing association tenant, you may have the Right to Acquire. The discount available ranges between £9,000 and £16,000 and will depend on where you live.
Am I eligible?
You may qualify for the Right to Acquire if the following applies:
- Your current home was built or bought by a housing association after 31 March 1997
- It was funded through a social housing grant provided by the Housing Corporation or local council
- You’ve had a public sector landlord for at least 3 years. Landlords include: housing associations, councils, the armed services, NHS trust and foundation trusts
- You don’t live in sheltered or other housing suitable for elderly or disabled people
- You don’t have any legal problems with debt
- You don’t have any outstanding possession orders
You can find out more information on the Government’s official Right to Buy website or speak to one of the Government’s official Right to Buy agents on 0300 123 0913.
How to apply?
Download and complete an application form.
Email your completed application form to: HomeOwnership.Services@orbit.org.uk.
Alternatively, you can post the form to: Orbit Homeownership Services, PO Box 6406, Coventry CV3 9NB.