We are aiming to support Orbit customers aged 18 years and older, living in Norwich, Broadland or Great Yarmouth who are experiencing low mood, anxiety, loss, feeling worried, lonely, isolated, or ‘not feeling quite right’, and are not currently receiving support from Mind services. We have limited spaces available for non-Orbit customers in these areas, too.
The focus is on mental wellbeing via support from recovery workers, and, where appropriate, fully trained volunteers to enable people to build connections and enhance their own sense of wellbeing. The ultimate goal is to support individuals to take control of their own lives and feel empowered to contribute to their community and society.
Breathing Space can help by giving you...
- Space and time to talk
- Advice and signposting to specialist and community services
- Individualised coaching and information sessions
- Personal goal setting and regular support
- Self-help tools to grow and develop skills and qualities
You can refer yourself in three ways:
- Complete the online referral form
- Call 020 8303 8932 and press option 3.
- Text 07951 497382 with name and contact details.
Once referred, someone at Norfolk and Waveney Mind will call you within two working days for a chat, to see if we can offer support. You may be booked in for an assessment which will take about 30-45 minutes, and we may offer further 1:1 sessions.
If we cannot offer support through Breathing Space, we will talk about other options you have for getting support. More information can be found here.