Response to public enquiry: fire safety statement
Following the publication of the findings from the first phase of the Grenfell Tower public enquiry, we want to reassure customers of Orbit’s commitment to ensuring that our homes meet all fire safety standards. In summary;
- All of our properties have up-to-date Fire Risk Assessments (FRAs).
- We have been awarded the UK’s highest fire safety certification – PAS7, a formal fire risk management system that goes above and beyond standard fire safety management.
- We have a Primary Authority Partnership with the West Midlands Fire Service, who have reviewed all of our fire safety advice and provided us with expert guidance on current best practice.
- Whilst we have some buildings with exterior cladding these have all been inspected and are not of the same material as those attached to Grenfell Tower.
- In buildings where we have a ‘stay put’ policy, this is line and agreed with local fire and rescue services.
- Following feedback from fire experts about improving customer safety, we introduced a new ‘keep it clear’ programme to ensure communal areas are completely clear of personal items that could prevent access from emergency services.
More information about fire prevention and safety can be found by visiting our designated fire safety page.
Here you will find advice on how to minimise fire risks in the home, helpful videos regarding specific fire safety topics and our fire safety leaflet containing information for people living in both houses and blocks.
If you wish to speak with someone with regards to any of the above information, please contact us on 0800 678 1221.