Here are some simple tips we found to use less plastic:
- Avoid single-use plastics such as drinking straws and swap them for paper or reusable metal or bamboo straws
- When doing your weekly shop, take along a cloth or reusable bag instead of buying plastic ones each time – save money too! Since the plastic bag charge was introduced in England, there has been an 85% reduction in their use
- Buy more bulk foods and fewer packaged products. Also look to buy food that is packaged in recyclable containers such as cardboard and avoid individually packaged goods, like snack packs
- Avoid using plastic wrap altogether by storing leftovers in reusable containers. Try reusable and compostable beeswax wrap for an easy and decorative option
- Switch to reusable water bottles and coffee cups. Some coffee shops will even give you a discount if you bring your own cup!
- Say no to disposable plastic cutlery. Some shops now offer wooden cutlery, or you can even carry your own reusable cutlery in your lunch box
- Switch from using liquid soaps and shampoos to bar soap or shampoo. They use a fraction of the packaging
- Switch from plastic to paper wrapped loo roll.
If we all make small, simple changes, together we can make a huge impact and help save our planet!
For more tips on how you can live a greener lifestyle, visit our new Eco-hub.