Coronavirus update

Please visit our dedicated webpage for the latest information regarding the latest coronavirus situation. You can also find more information about local restrictions here.

Your service charge statement

If you live in a house or flat with the use of a communal area or where there are annual servicing contracts in place you'll need to pay a service charge.

You can view service charges costs made against your account and make payments by logging in to My Account.

If you have any questions about your service charge, you can contact us.

What does my service charge cover?

Your service charge covers the costs of maintaining and managing shared facilities. Examples include:

  • Annual servicing of shared facilities to ensure safety (for example lift servicing) and availability (such as shared TV aerials or satellite dishes).
  • Availability of on-site staff such as caretakers, wardens and site superintendents to manage the facilities and assist residents.
  • Grounds maintenance, such as grass cutting.
  • Cleaning of communal areas inside and outside of buildings.
  • Repairs to communal areas and shared facilities.
  • Electricity for lighting in communal area and for facilities such as lifts.

Service charge statements

We will send an annual service charge statement to you. The statement sets out how much we spent on relevant services in the previous financial year (April to March).

If you need a statement at any other time, please contact us and we will send one to you (there will be an administration charge for this).

Surpluses and deficits

If we needed to spend more on relevant services, we will debit the cost of the shortfall against your service charge account. You will need to arrange payment to cover the shortfall. Single payments can be made via My Account or you can contact us to arrange an agreement to pay in monthly instalments.

If we have spent less on services than expected, you will receive money back from us. If you pay by Direct Debit, we will automatically adjust your future payments to reflect the refund amount. Alternatively, you can apply for a lump sum refund.

If you have been informed of a service charge surplus you can request a refund by completing a current customer refund form on the request a refund page.

Sinking fund charges

Sinking Funds are used for major repairs, equipment replacement and cyclical decoration to communal areas. We assess the work required and charge this over a period of years equal to the time we think it will last. This is then collected each year through your service charge. Please see the Major repairs and improvements for leaseholders page for more information.

The money that you pay into the fund is kept in a separate interest-earning account and is used to assist towards the cost of these items. Details of the amount you have in your fund can be found on your annual sinking fund statement. Should funds in your sinking fund be insufficient to cover expenditure incurred during the year, you will be required to make a payment equal to the shortfall.


We must make sure that service charge costs and estimates for services are reasonable. If you believe that your charges are unreasonable, you should contact us telling us why you think you are being over charged. We will investigate and respond. If you are not satisfied with our response, you can lodge a formal complaint with us.

If you are not satisfied with our response, you may be able to appeal to the Government's First Tier Tribunal. Applications to the Tribunal can be made by individuals or by groups of residents. The costs of applying to the Tribunal will need to be paid by the individual or group making the application.

The Leasehold Advisory Service may be able to provide advice about the tribunal process, depending on the type of lease or tenancy you have. This is an independent agency funded by the Government that offers initial advice and provides guidance on applying for a tribunal.